Important: This is the stage 2 upgrade pipe ONLY. Carbonio intake system required to run the stage 2 pipe. Click here to see complete "stage 1" system.
Carbonio's latest carbon fiber intake for the 3.0 TFSI engine is a ram air design that completely separates the intake filter from the engine bay. Building from years of experience on and off the race track, Carbonio's and APR's engineering teams have spent countless hours developing a true cold air and ram air carbon fiber design that can be recreated affordably for the street performance enthusiast.
For many years professional motorsport organizations have suffered great expense to properly tune the air intake delivery system for turbo and supercharged engines for use in endurance and sprint races where every last horsepower and pound feet of torque can make the difference in position when crossing the finish line. Historically these designs have proven to be the most efficient and powerful although the most expensive to produce.
Aftermarket performance companies have attempted to capitalize on these designs however the cost restraints have typically resulted in compromise and deviation from the true engineering principles associated with motorsport accomplishment. Don't be fooled by catch phrases and tag lines alluding to a new intake technology or special design characteristic. You won't see any of these gimmicks installed on race cars at the Nurburgring.
Carbonio and APR have gone even further to maintain all oem specifications necessary to integrate cohesively with an otherwise stock engine to avoid raising eyebrows at the dealership. Flexibility was another characteristic of Carbonio's and APR's design whereas the new TFSI intake is also suitable for Stage 1 and Stage 2 modified engines all the way up to future supercharger upgrades.
Constructed of aerospace grade carbon fiber and designed to remove intake restriction, APR’s Carbonio intake system provides smoother transitional airflow, increased air velocity, superior insulation of the incoming air to reduce intake air temperatures and a larger volume of available air to aid throttle response.
Benefits of the Carbonio CAI System include:
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- Improved Throttle Response
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Enhanced Engine Volumetric Efficiency
- Enhanced Sound of Supercharger
- Installs in an Hour (does not require bumper or headlight removal)
- Removes OEM intake snorkel which can collapse under boost
- Maintains Clean Appearance by Retaining Factory Engine Covers
- Maintains All Factory Emissions Components
- Fits Both Manual and Automatic Transmissions
- Fully Compatible and Complimentary, with APR Software and Exhaust systems
- Maintains the Thermostatically Controlled OEM Flap Valve Assembly from the Factory Air box
- Modular Design Allows for Performance Gains in Stages and the Ability to Keep the Factory Intake Resonators
APR's sole mission is to engineer only the highest quality tuning solutions for Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche vehicles.
APR - Enhancing the Driving Experience
Does not fit the facelifted Q5/SQ5
|Audi||A5||B8 (2008-2012)||V6 3.2L|
|Audi||A4||B8 (2009-2012)||V6 3.2L|