- Easy bolt-on vacuum plate delete solution
- Perfect for 2.5L engine swaps
- Removes faulty stock vacuum pump
- Allows traditional brake booster to manifold setup
- Oil galley is blocked off to maintain proper oil pressure
- In-house CNC machined from 6061 aluminum
- O ring sealed for leak-free operation
- Includes all stainless mounting hardware
WHAT IS A VACUUM PUMP?
All modern brake systems require vacuum pressure to the brake booster for proper brake performance. Typically, this vacuum pressure is supplied to the brake booster from the intake manifold. On the 2.5L engines, VW equipped the 07K 5 Cylinders with a vacuum pump installed to the engine that supplies vacuum to the brake booster instead. These pumps are failure prone, leak oil, expensive to replace, pull power from the engine, and are not needed for engine swaps.
EASY VACUUM PUMP DELETE SOLUTION
The IE 2.5L Vacuum Pump Block-off Plate is used to remove the factory vacuum pump found on 07K 5 cylinder engines. This is an inexpensive solution for those looking to remove the pump when swapping a 2.5L engine into another car, or looking to delete the failure prone expensive vacuum pump. Our high-temp o ring sealed plate is the original and best with a collar that slides into the engine to block off the oiling galley for the original pump, ensuring there are no oil pressure issues.
REMOVES POWER BRAKES
Deleting the pump is desired for engine swaps into vehicles that already have a regular brake booster setup. If you are attempting to use this plate as a inexpensive repair for a failed pump on your 2.5L in the original chassis, be aware this will remove all power brake assist. Custom work to plumb the brake booster to the intake manifold will be required to regain proper brake function after deleting the vacuum pump. Running without the brake booster connected to the intake manifold or vacuum pump is highly discouraged and dangerous, especially on a street car.
- VW - Golf 2010-2014 (MK6) 2.5L
- VW - Rabbit 2006-2009 (MK5) 2.5L
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2006-2010 (MK5) 2.5L
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2010-2014 (MK6) 2.5L
- VW - Jetta SportWagen 2011-2014 (MK6) 2.5L
- VW - Beetle 1998-2011 (1C - 9C - 1Y) 2.5L
- VW - Beetle 2011-2015 (MK2) 2.5L